Mamaleh’s newest location in Brookline’s Washington Square is hiring a FOH – Counter Service Staff.
We like nice, honest, hardworking, personable people!! If you think this describes you, keep reading! Mamaleh’s Delicatessen Washington Square is our newest location, this will be your home base. We offer take out and delivery 7am-4pm 7 days a week.
The Counter Service Staff is the face of the restaurant, you are the connection between the kitchen and the guests. There are 2-3 counter service staff per shift managing all of the front of house work detailed below. Warmth, efficiency and a sense of urgency are must-have traits for this position.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
The following is a list of current responsibilities:
- Greet guests with warmth
- Handle guests needs re: ordering, via phone, online and in person
- Manage the Toast tablet and troubleshoot delivery order issues
- Follow the ‘Sanitize Checklist’
- Stock To-Go supplies
- Update counts in Toast
- Add or modify menu items in Toast
- Order Fulfillment and coffee:
- Pack orders and send them out to guests
- Set up coffee and bar stations
- Prep and serve iced coffee and iced tea
- Stock to-go drink supplies
- General upkeep and maintenance of coffee and bar equipment
- Occasional deliveries on an as-needed basis in the company van to guests or to their flagship location in Cambridge
- Follow company standards for COVID-19 protocols.
- Hand washing
- Mask wearing
- Daily health checks.
- Cleaning duties:
- Sweep and mop floors daily.
- Clean and breakdown stations.
- Clean and sanitize all surfaces, both high touch and also window ledges, baseboards, countertops, etc.
- Take out the trash
- Bathroom daily cleaning and restocking
Skills and Requirements:
- BE AN EXTRA NICE PERSON!!
- Work as a team
- Organizational skills
- Be a source of positivity for the staff with a “yes we can” attitude
- Exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Genuine hospitality
- Must love interacting with guests
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
- Knowledge and love of Jewish Deli culture
- Possess problem-solving capabilities and be resourceful
- POS Systems, specifically Toast
- Ability to give and take feedback in a professional manner
- Customer service experience
- Current driver’s license
- Food Safety Knowledge
- A moderate amount of Spanish speaking
- High School or related trade degree
- WE GUARANTEE $17 PER HOUR: for all positions in the deli
- Matched Simple IRA: A retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- Health and Vision Insurance: Big Dipper Hospitality Group offers a Harvard Pilgrim HMO health insurance policy to all full-time (30+ hr/wk) employees, paying half of monthly premium. After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on or before your 90th day of employment.
- Perks at Work: An exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Discounts: Throughout the BDHG family of restaurants
- Parking: Discounted rates at the One Kendall Square Garage in Cambridge
- Discounted Gym Membership: Located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Performance Evaluations: The schedule for these conversations relate to the start date of the employee and fits with their yearly activities. All employees will have performance evaluations to provide a stepping-stone for the employee and supervisor to:
- Touch base about what’s going well and what needs improvement
- Clarify expectations and set goals
- Encourage career development
- Growth Opportunity: Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As a growing company, they provide opportunities to those who want to seek a new challenge in a different role or location.
Check us out on Instagram @mamalehs
About Mamaleh’s Delicatessen
The original Mamaleh’s Delicatessen opened in Cambridge in 2016 with the goal of bringing Jewish cuisine of decades past into the Boston present. Since opening, they’ve received much acclaim, including Bon Appetit Magazine’s 50 best new restaurants in the country, Boston Magazine’s Best Deli, and become a beloved part of the Boston community. Thanks to their tremendously loyal staff and customers, Mamaleh’s is still fighting through the Covid era, and they plan to be a Boston area staple for years to come.
Their staff is their family, and they are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for their employees. Daily, theywork to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. They employ a leadership team of which more than 50 percent are women and people of color. They offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and they continue to make strides towards evolving their business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
The Duties Of This Position May Change From Time To Time
Big Dipper Hospitality Group (BDHG) reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of BDHG or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is their policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. They do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.