Mamaleh’s Delicatessen’s second location (MDTO) is set within the Time Out Market in the historic Landmark Center in the Fenway area of Boston. Time Out Market is comprised of 15 restaurant stalls, each with their own unique concept. Their stall is an offshoot of their established delicatessen and restaurant in Kendall Square in Cambridge. They serve a concise menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a hip, modern food and cultural market. Their menu consists of homemade bagels, lox, whitefish salad, pastrami or smoked mushroom reubens, pickles and incredible 5 layer chocolate cake!
- BE AN EXTRA NICE PERSON!!
- Ensure all guests enjoy the experience!
- Communicate clearly, thoroughly, and respectfully with Time Out Management, ownership, and Mamaleh’s Time Out Market staff
Daily Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the FOH/BOH staff through working hours – setting up for service, service hours, and closing each shift according to restaurant standards.
- Frequent decision making and troubleshooting
- Maintaining proper flow of service (at the counter and at the pass)
- Upholding service standards, product quality and cleanliness
- Proper production and rotation of food.
- Clear and continuous communication with all staff to ensure proper flow of service and guest satisfaction
- Guest interaction – ensuring service and food quality, cultivating relationships, resolving issues
- Weekly Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inventory and ordering of restaurant supplies, which include, but are not limited to food, dry goods and office supplies
- Receiving orders, checking for accuracy and quality
- Keeping track of invoices and submitting them to accounting.
- Scheduling and approving payroll.
- Team Development and Training:
- Interviewing, hiring, and scheduling of staff members.
- Execution of employee training program as determined by ownership team
- Ensuring staff has appropriate food and service knowledge and means to succeed at their jobs.
- Administering disciplinary action as needed, dictated by company protocols
- Lead by example in all areas:
- Proper execution of all service standards and protocols at all times.
- Clear and professional communication with other managers, other departments, all hourly employees, and guests, avoiding negativity or profane language.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Be a source of positivity for the staff with a “yes we can” attitude
- Bring the staff up – encourage them to work harder and happier
- Work under pressure.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take feedback and contribute to problem solving
- Respectful and effective interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and grow, especially as a manager