Mamaleh’s Delicatessen, the first modern Jewish Delicatessen in the Boston area, has brought classic deli fare and an accomplished ‘bakery within a restaurant’ to Kendall Square, Cambridge. Mamaleh’s Kendall Square is our flagship restaurant – this will be your home base. We have one outpost in Brookline. We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our BAKERY TEAM, who can work quickly and efficiently, craft pies, cakes, cookies, BAGELS and more! and multitask while maintaining a positive attitude. We have high standards for product and technique, and are seeking the right person to help maintain them. Early morning and weekend availability required. Baking experience preferred, but willing to teach the right person. We offer competitive pay, opportunity for growth, and promotion from within.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health, Dental, and Voluntary Benefits Package available after 90 days for full time employees (25+ hrs/wk)
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Simple IRA + up to 3% Company Match: Invest in your retirement while lowering your taxable income
- Dining Programs: Enjoy up to a 50% discount at all restaurant locations, + Perks at Work: An employee discount program for services and products.
- Discounted Gym Membership: Located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Career Mentorship and Growth Potential
Skills and Requirements:
- Positive, friendly and eager to learn
- Work well with direction, but able to take initiative and be independent
- Have experience following recipes, troubleshooting, and thinking critically
- General baking, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact in a professional and collaborative manner
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain mental athleticism and coordination of catering orders and service needs
- Stay up to date on menu changes
- Work collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff
- Hone existing skills while learning new techniques and building skill set
- Able to maintain and ensure consistent production and cleanliness
- Able to stay positive and calm under pressure
- Maintain cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
Check us out on instagram @mamalehs
About Mamaleh’s Delicatessen
Mamaleh’s Delicatessen opened in 2016 with the goal of bringing Jewish cuisine and deli culture to the Boston area. We are grateful for the acclaim we have received, including Bon Appetit Magazine’s 50 best new restaurants in the country and Boston Magazine’s Best Deli. Thanks to our tremendously hard working staff and loyal guests, we have become a beloved part of the greater Boston community, with locations in Cambridge, Brookline, and Boston.
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group
We are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for our employees. Daily, we work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. We offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and we continue to make strides towards evolving our business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off