Mamaleh’s is hiring a Manager on Duty (MOD).
They like nice, honest, hardworking, personable people!! If you think this describes you, keep reading! Mamaleh’s Kendall Square is their flagship restaurant, this will be your home base. They have one outpost in Boston and another on the way. Pre-pandemic, they were a bustling restaurant with strong take out and deli service, currently they are very busy in a different way. They choose not to offer dine-in service, rather offering take out and delivery 8:00am-8:00pm 7 days a week. They do have dynamic revenue centers; suburban pickups twice a week, a well enrolled monthly subscription program, nationwide shipping and regular catering and deliveries. As the FOH Manager, you will work closely with the kitchen and all members of the management team to ensure the restaurant is operating smoothly and according to the standards set by the ownership team and the Big Dipper Hospitality Group. They can’t wait to meet you!
Benefits available to you include:
- Paid vacation! Up to 10 days in your first year with annual increases
- Health insurance – After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on your 90th day of employment, 50% paid by company
- A matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave! Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- A 50% discount at all the restaurants the moment you start!
- Discounted parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discount towards gym membership
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Community volunteer opportunities and charitable donations
Skills and Requirements:
- BE AN EXTRA NICE PERSON!!
- Strong systems management, computer literacy and organizational skills
- Be a source of positivity for the staff with a “yes we can” attitude
- Possess problem-solving capabilities and be resourceful
- Experience managing and training a team
- Exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Genuine hospitality
- Must love interacting with guests
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to the hospitality industry
- POS Systems, specifically Toast
- Ability to work full-time (including early mornings, and weekends)
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
Also, It Is Preferred You Have Experience With:
- Knowledge and love of Jewish Deli culture
- Current driver’s license
- Food Safety Knowledge
- Staff Education / Motivation
- A moderate amount of Spanish speaking
- College or related trade degree
- Tips or 21+ Training
- Crowd Manager
Check them out on instagram @mamalehs
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group:
Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s, and Café Du Pays. They are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. They are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program amongst the kitchen team.
Mamaleh’s Delicatessen opened in Kendall Square, Cambridge in 2016 to lines out the door serving homemade bagels, lox, pastrami, corned beef, blintzes, black and white cookies, babka, egg creams, and dozens of other dishes that would make any nostalgic (Jewish) person swoon. During this opening time, they received much acclaim, including Bon Appetit Magazine’s 50 best new restaurants in the country and Boston Magazine’s Best Deli. They’re still fighting through the Covid era and beyond and plan to be a staple in the Boston area for years to come!
Big Dipper Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is their policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. They do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.