Mamaleh’s is hiring a Line Cook!
We like nice, honest, hardworking, personable people!! If you think this describes you, keep reading! Mamaleh’s Kendall Square is our flagship restaurant. Pre-pandemic, we were a bustling restaurant with strong take out and deli service, currently we are very busy in a different way. We choose not to offer dine-in service, rather offering take out and delivery 8am-8pm seven days a week. We do have dynamic revenue centers; suburban pickups twice a week, a well enrolled monthly subscription program, nationwide shipping and regular catering and deliveries. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced line cook to work in our kitchen at Mamaleh’s Delicatessen. We need a good communicator, someone who works well with others and has a sense of urgency. You will be responsible for working a station as a member of a team and you will do prep, set up and break down a station, work service, and help clean kitchen at the end of service. We offer competitive pay, opportunity for growth, and promotion from within.
Benefits available to you include:
- Matched Simple IRA: A retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- Health Insurance: Big Dipper Hospitality Group offers a Harvard Pilgrim HMO health insurance policy to all full-time (30+ hr/wk) employees, paying half of monthly premium. After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on or before your 90th day of employment.
- Perks at Work: An exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email
- Discounts: Throughout the BDHG family of restaurants
- Parking: Discounted rates at the One Kendall Square Garage
- Discounted Gym Membership: Conveniently located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Performance Evaluations: All employees will have performance evaluations to provide a stepping-stone for the employee and supervisor to: touch base about what’s going well and what needs improvement; clarify expectations and set goals; encourage career development. The schedule for these conversations relate to the start date of the employee and fits with their yearly activities.
- Growth Opportunity: Available for motivated employees who take initiative and exhibit leadership qualities, as well as a willingness to grow and learn. As a growing company, they provide opportunities to those who want to seek a new challenge in a different role or location.
Skills and Requirements:
- Positive, friendly and eager to learn
- Work well with direction, but able to take initiative and be independent
- Have experience following recipes, troubleshooting, and thinking critically
- Stay up to date on menu changes
- Participate in the preparation of new menu items
- Strong communication skills to convey needs to Sous Chef and teammates and ability to interact in a professional manner
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Work collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff
- Able to assist the Sous Chef in the training of new kitchen employees
- Hone existing skills while learning new techniques and building skill set
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- Able to maintain and ensure proper plate presentation and cleanliness
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stay positive and calm under pressure
- Able to maintain mental athleticism and coordination of tickets and sending out plates
- Maintain cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
Check them out on instagram @mamalehs
About Mamaleh’s Delicatessen
Mamaleh’s Delicatessen opened in Cambridge in 2016 with the goal of bringing Jewish cuisine of decades past into the Boston present. Since opening, they’ve received much acclaim, including Bon Appetit Magazine’s 50 best new restaurants in the country, Boston Magazine‘s Best Deli, and become a beloved part of the Boston community. Thanks to their tremendously loyal staff and customers, Mamaleh’s is still fighting through the Covid era, and they plan to be a Boston area staple for years to come.
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group
Their staff is their family, and they are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for their employees. Daily, they work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. They employ a leadership team of which more than 50 percent are women and people of color. They offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and they continue to make strides towards evolving their business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is their policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. They do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.