Opening Summer 2019! Mamaleh’s Delicatessens second location (MDTO) is set within the TimeOut Market in the historic Landmark Center in the Fenway area of Boston. Time Out Market is comprised of 15 restaurant stalls, each with their own unique concept. Their stall is an offshoot of their established delicatessen and restaurant in Kendall Square in Cambridge. They serve a concise menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a hip, modern food and cultural market. Their menu consists of homemade bagels, lox, whitefish salad, pastrami or smoked mushroom reubens, pickles and incredible 5 layer chocolate cake!
All staff at MDTO perform the same tasks and straddle traditional FOH and BOH roles.
- BE A NICE PERSON!!
- Preparing food and assembling sandwiches
- Greeting guests, operating the point of sale system (POS)
- Stocking, organizing and preparing service related items in the space and refrigerator and storage.
- Communicate respectfully and clearly with guests, service team, and management
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
- Maintain cleanliness and organization around the spaces
- Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by manager
- Assist teammates to anticipate all other needs
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, efficient, friendly, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times.
- Support team with ongoing cleaning, sanitation, stocking and organizing
- Respond appropriately to any guest requests or issues by communicating effectively with the proper server or management.
- Receive instruction from supervisor and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Have ability to recite basic menu knowledge
- Be knowledgeable of the restaurant group and its history.
- Greet all guests joining them and thank all guests leaving.
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
Skills and requirements:
- A willingness to learn and get ‘hands on’
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure; Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- A strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow; Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
- Warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- A basic understanding of food, cooking and hospitality
- Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
- Restaurant experience or customer service is preferred
- A high level of product and ingredient knowledge specific to MDTO
- Confidence in effectively communicating any inconsistencies to supervisors and teammates
- Strong communication skills to convey needs and complete the transaction in a professional manner
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve.
- The ability to assist the supervisor in the training of new kitchen employees.
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set.
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge.
- Ability to maintain and ensure proper plate presentation and cleanliness before leaving the kitchen
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment; Ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- Ability to maintain mental athleticism and coordination of tickets and sending out plates
- Maintaining cleanliness of any work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas.
- Participate in deep cleaning of work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas.
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Commitment: Six month commitment
Education: High School or comparable
The duties of this position may change from time to time. MDTO reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of MDTO, or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
The ideal candidate has a cheery, positive attitude, a genuine interest in food and beverage, with a passion for hospitality, and a drive to learn and grow within a team environment. Those who succeed in this company possess much common sense as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize with authenticity, warmth, and finesse. Experience in establishments with high quality food and drink in service-focused environments preferred. Prior experience in a food establishment or a guest facing position strongly preferred. Must be able to communicate clearly in English.
Check them out on instagram @mamalehs