Mamaleh’s is Hiring a FOH Manager
Founded in 2008, in Cambridge, Mass., the Big Dipper Hospitality Group has created some of the area’s most beloved dining spots, such as State Park, Mamaleh’s, and Café Du Pays. They are a family-run, independent, award-winning restaurant group, passionate about hospitality and integrity. They are committed to creating healthy work experiences and opportunities for advancement in the field. The ownership and management team work hard alongside their staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program amongst their kitchen team.
Mamaleh’s Delicatessen, the first modern Jewish Delicatessen in the Boston area, has brought classic deli fare to Kendall Square, Cambridge. Most items made from scratch, in-house; smoked meat, cured fish, pickles, breads, bagels, pastries, and more. They are open 7 days a week 7am-4pm M-F and 8am-4pm Sa-Su, serving breakfast and lunch with brunch on the weekends. They were recently named finalists for Bon Appetit’s Best New Restaurants in America!
Benefits available to you include:
- A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with them for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate
- A 50% discount at all their restaurants the moment you start!
- Discounted parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discount towards gym membership
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities and charitable donations
The FOH Manager will work closely with the General Manager and all members of the restaurant’s management team to ensure the restaurant is operating according to the standards set by the General Manager, the ownership team, and Big Dipper corporate office. They will be responsible for overseeing service, training FOH staff and will share in administrative responsibilities. Mamaleh’s managers are integral and active members of service. Mamaleh’s managers are expected to be hands on from the beginning to end of the guest experience – with guests, the service team, and with Back of House team. They actively embody, inspire and teach skills that will elevate the values of Mamaleh’s and Big Dipper Hospitality Group.
Ideally, You Possess:
- 2+ years of restaurant experience in a high volume, detail-oriented and excellence driven environment
- Must love interacting with guests
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to the hospitality industry
- Must be driven to lead a high performing team
- Restaurant scheduling, inventory and purchasing experience preferred
- Ability to work full-time (including early mornings and weekends)
Also, it is preferred you have experience with:
- Exposure to Jewish cuisine or culture
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Event Management / Organization
- Food / Beverage Pairing
- Food Safety Knowledge
- Reserve Table Management
- POS Systems, specifically Toast
- Staff Education / Motivation
Check them out on instagram @mamalehs
EEO Statement: Big Dipper (State Park, Mamaleh’s, Café du Pays) is an equal opportunity employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, political activity, lawful tobacco use while off-duty, or any other characteristic protected by law.