Mamaleh’s is hiring an Counter Service Staff.
We like nice, honest, hardworking, personable people!! If you think this describes you, keep reading! Mamaleh’s Kendall Square is our flagship restaurant, this will be your home base. We have one outpost in Brookline and one in Boston at High Street Place. Pre-pandemic, we were a bustling restaurant with strong take out and deli service, currently we are very busy in a different way. We offer dine-in counter service, take out and delivery 8am-8pm, 7 days a week. .
The Counter Service Staff is the face of the restaurant, you are the connection between the kitchen and the guests. There are 2-3 counter service staff per shift managing all of the front of house work detailed below. Warmth, efficiency and a sense of urgency are must have traits for this position.
Benefits available to you include:
- Health, Dental, and Voluntary Benefits Package available after 90 days for full time employees (25+ hrs/wk)
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Simple IRA + up to 3% Company Match: Invest in your retirement while lowering your taxable income
- Dining Programs: Enjoy up to a 50% discount at all restaurant locations, + Perks at Work: An employee discount program for services and products.
- Discounted Gym Membership: Located on the One Kendall Square campus
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Career Mentorship and Growth Potential
Skills and Requirements:
- BE AN EXTRA NICE PERSON!!
- Organizational skills
- Be a source of positivity for the staff with a “yes we can” attitude
- Possess problem-solving capabilities and be resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Genuine hospitality
- Must love interacting with guests
- POS Systems, specifically Toast
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to give and take feedback in a professional manner.
Also, It Is Preferred You Have Experience With:
- Knowledge and love of Jewish Deli culture
- Computer literacy
- Barista experience
- Customer service experience
- Food Safety Knowledge
- A moderate amount of Spanish speaking
- College or related trade degree
- Tips or 21+ Training
- Crowd Manager
Check us out on instagram @mamalehs
About Mamaleh’s Delicatessen
Mamaleh’s Delicatessen opened in 2016 with the goal of bringing Jewish cuisine and deli culture to the Boston area. We are grateful for the acclaim we have received, including Bon Appetit Magazine’s 50 best new restaurants in the country and Boston Magazine’s Best Deli. Thanks to our tremendously hard working staff and loyal guests, we have become a beloved part of the greater Boston community, with locations in Cambridge, Brookline, and Boston.
About Big Dipper Hospitality Group
We are committed to providing the best possible work environment and exemplary work practices for our employees. Daily, we work to nurture an inclusive workplace where all staff feel included, respected, and valued. We offer competitive wages as well as a meaningful benefits package, and we continue to make strides towards evolving our business practices to address some of the intrinsic injustices in the tipped model of the hospitality industry.
BDHG Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees in regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Food provided
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Referral program
- Fast casual restaurant
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, MA 02139: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person