Mamaleh’s is seeking a Baker. They have high standards for product and technique, and are seeking the right person to help maintain them. Early morning and weekend availability required. Baking experience preferred, but willing to teach the right person. They offer competitive pay, opportunity for growth, and promotion from within.
Skills and Requirements:
- Positive, friendly and eager to learn
- Work well with direction, but able to take initiative and be independent
- Have experience following recipes, troubleshooting, and thinking critically
- General baking, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact in a professional and collaborative manner
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Sense of urgency and comfort in a fast-paced environment – grace under pressure
- Able to maintain mental athleticism and coordination of catering orders and service needs
Approximate Shift Times:
40 hours of availability required. This position is a morning position 5 days each week. Early morning and weekend availability is required. Start times range between 4-6am.
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for 8-10 hours, bending, going up and down the stairs multiple times a day with heavy loads, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Benefits available to you include:
- A Matched simple IRA retirement plan to help you invest in your future – and you can take it with you when you leave. Any employee that has been with us for one year and has made at least $500 in that calendar year, is eligible to participate.
- Mamaleh’s offers a co-pay health insurance policy to all full-time employees, After 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in health insurance, which will take effect on your 90th day of employment.
- A 50% discount at all their restaurants the moment you start!
- Discount parking (and coming soon, transit passes)
- Discounts toward gym memberships
- Perks at Work is an exclusive employee discount program for services and products. If you choose to enroll – you will receive access to hundreds of promotions as well as have the opportunity to opt in to weekly updates from Perks at Work via email.
- Community volunteer opportunities available
More about Mamaleh’s:
- They are open 7 days a week serving breakfast and lunch with brunch on the weekends, and occasional special dinner services.
- They are a family run, independent, award winning restaurant group who also own State Park and Cafe du Pays.
- They are sustainably minded and have proudly operated restaurants in Cambridge since 2008.
- The ownership and management team work hard alongside their staff daily and have enacted a food revenue sharing program amongst their BOH team where 3.5% of food sales go directly to cooks, prep cooks, dishwashers and managers. Seeking like minded individuals!
- They make almost everything from scratch, in-house; smoked meat, cured fish, pickles, breads, bagels, pastries, and more.
- They were named a finalist for Bon Appetit’s Best New Restaurants in America in 2017.