Magia is an all-new Italian dining experience presented by accomplished Chef and Restaurateur, Richard Travaglione Jr. (Giacamo’s, Hanover St. Boston and Riccardo’s, North St. Boston). Magia offers the look and feel of a sophisticated, swanky lounge while simultaneously providing an approachable atmosphere and genuine hospitality. Guests can enjoy decades-old Italian family recipes made from scratch, while sipping creative cocktails or favorites from the extensive wine list. Magia is the North Shore’s premier location for business meetings, large functions, romantic evenings and upbeat nightlife.
Magia Restaurant is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for an Executive Chef to lead our kitchen team. Seeking someone reliable and eager to prepare the menu offerings quickly, efficiently, and with a keep attention to detail. Ultimately, you will ensure our guests have a high-quality dining experience by preparing all food in a timely and accurate manner while overseeing the kitchen staff. This position reports directly to the Owner.
- Minimum 5 years of comparable experience required
- Knowledge of traditional Italian cooking strongly preferred
- Ability to take inventory and place product orders
- Ability to provide cost analysis to Ownership
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry potentially heavy items and stand for long hours
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment
Compensation is negotiable based on experience and expertise. Performance based increases are available, as well.