Lulu Green, a highly recognized, plant-based restaurant in Boston is looking for a passionate and talented Executive Chef to join their growing team. This position will oversee and inspire the culinary team and run day-to-day kitchen operations.
As Executive Chef, you will be the leader and mentor of the kitchen. This is a working position – you will be working side by side and developing + mentoring your sous chefs, line cooks, prep cooks, and dishwashers. You are responsible for doing, overseeing, and executing daily prep and managing the highest food quality.
This is an amazing opportunity at a remarkable restaurant with a passionate, professional kitchen team. If you aren’t into the type of “cooking” that involves opening a bag of pre-cut vegetables and you enjoy working with the best ingredients and talented people, then this is the place for you! They make delicious and beautiful vegan food – all made in-house from scratch every day.
The Executive Chef is responsible for oversight of the food operation within the location, reporting to the owners.
They are looking for a Chef that brings a high level of culinary expertise to the kitchen with the following skills:
- Team oriented with positive attitude and ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate team positively
- Strong sense of urgency and true hustle
- Hands-on management, delegation of tasks
- In-depth understanding of flow, efficiency, time management, and ability to optimize production within the kitchen
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Responsible for ordering, inventory, training, scheduling
- Passionate about great food and exceptional service with a genuine sense of integrity
- Capable of running A-Grade Kitchen without supervision
- Ability to plan and prioritize the workload of others
- In-depth understanding of plant-based, “clean” food
- Experience working in a scratch-kitchen (no opening bags here)
- Works well with diverse personality types, maintaining positive, inspiring and encouraging work culture
- 3 plus years kitchen management experience required
- ServSafe Manager certification required
- Highly Competitive Salary (70K-85K)
Generous Benefits Package including:
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Substantial Company Discount
All inquiries will be kept confidential. Lulu Green is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are ready for a new and exciting challenge with major growth potential, email your cover letter and resume using the email address below. References required.