Linden Ponds is seeking line cooks who can bring their passion for great food, teamwork, and culinary experience to their fine dining restaurants. Their Signature Dining program embraces scratch cooking and chef inspired culinary creations that sets them apart from their competitors.
How you will make an impact:
Work with a dining team that makes a difference in residents’ lives every day.
Consistently prepare all meals and menu items according to proper safety and cooking techniques.
Assure the proper portioning, plating, temperature and presentation of meals.
Use your culinary talents to cook high quality menu items that drive resident satisfaction.
What they offer:
Quality of life; Not your typical late-night restaurant hours.
Discounted medical and dental benefits available to employees working 30+ hours.
Training and career opportunity in a high-growth, stable company.
Top of the line culinary equipment, safe and clean kitchen environment.
What you will need:
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of 1 year cook to order experience.
Weekend and holiday availability.
SUMMARY: Responsible for pre-preparation, station set up, preparation and service to order of menu items for breakfast, lunch and dinner service that will be cooked as ordered by a resident or customer. Menu item preparation can include any hot food, cold food and baked items. Completes the assigned meal production schedule. Work station assignments may include but not limited to:
Short Order Cook
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares ingredients for assigned menu items as scheduled.
- Sets up station prior to scheduled meal service.
- Quickly prepares all assigned menu items food products as ordered, to include breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
- Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and prepares and presents foods as ordered.
- Anticipates orders during peak service time to assure timely preparation and service while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Properly presents all food items and to provide maximum appeal, quality, temperature, and freshness. Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule using ‘clean as you go’ approach.
- Completes assigned equipment and station cleaning schedule.
- Ensures communication with expeditor, fellow culinary team members and service staff for timing of preparation of assigned menu items.
- Assures proper portioning, plating, temperature, garnishing and presentation of food items.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with all food service staff, supervisors.
- Listens effectively and responds appropriately to feedback.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated experience in a cook-to-order, quick service dining environment. Ability to complete duties in a fast paced kitchen while performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to organize and set-up assigned station in a timely manner prior to meal service, and complete menu item production for assigned meal period.
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling.
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of maintaining a clean and sanitary work station. Completes cleaning assignments.
- Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum of one year cook to order experience required.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Applicable food service license or certificate as required by state, local or federal regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms;
- Complete repetitive tasks such as slicing, dicing, peeling, mixing, cutting, serving,
- Ability to safely lift and/or move, using designated safety equipment, objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Talk, hear, smell, taste
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
- Speaking, thinking, evaluating, writing, learning new skills and information
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures including hot kitchen to refrigerators and freezers.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
Apply online or by email using the information provided below.