Are you passionate about healthy eating? Are you a planetary wellness warrior? Do you dream of increasing access to wholesome foods?
At Life Alive, we exist to make healthy eating possible in a busy world, to empower people to take responsibility for their own health and to promote holistic sustainability.
We want people who are considerate of the role they play in our community and global ecosystem, who actively participate in the efforts they support and who lead with integrity, even when it’s not easy. Life Alive is a community of people who listen and learn with empathy. Life Alivers take pleasure in the world around us, what we put in our bodies, how we think, and how we move. Most importantly, we want people who seek to share that pleasure with others – for there is no more compassionate way to build authentic and meaningful connections with our fellow living beings and the planet around us.
Who we are: Our higher purpose at Life Alive is to energize the vitality of all living beings and our planet. We do this by providing healthy fantastic food for people on the go, while honoring and protecting our environment. We believe that food choices affect the health of our families, communities and planet, and we provide nourishment and education that encourages joy and wellbeing without being dogmatic or judgmental. We currently have five locations in the Boston area, and are excited to broaden our impact across new communities as we grow.
What the role is:
At Life Alive, the Training Manager will serve as a Life Alive brand ambassador to our most important constituents: our team, helping to develop an engaged and skilled workforce, implement a positive culture, and execute against strategic objectives. They will build and implement effective training and coaching programs across all roles and aspects of cafe operations. The Training Manager will work with Life Alive’s leadership and retail leaders to ensure new team members are properly onboarded, introduced to Life Alive’s core values, and trained on technical processes, SOPs, and service standards. They must thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative setting, demonstrate clear and compelling communication skills, and excel in creating and executing processes that set our teams up for success. This position is full-time and requires regular travel to the cafes, with 80% of time spent in the cafes to support the execution of these training programs.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, coordinate, and project manage Life Alive’s training programs
- Codify the best practices across all roles in cafe
- Create training programs and materials to share this knowledge with team members
- Collaborate with retail leadership to set team members up for success
- Coordinate with cafe GMs to ensure readiness for all new hire onboarding and training days, with clear focus areas and measures of success
- Create a clear process for GMs to manage team member recruiting efforts
- Coordinate and help facilitate new hire orientation once a month to ensure alignment with Life Alive’s higher purpose and values, and set clear expectations around company policies
- Increase retention level of new hires through training to minimize performance issues. Review training concerns with with GMs regularly to provide targeted support
- Work side-by-side with new team members to clearly communicate core values, company policies, and ensure technical proficiency
- Spend significant time teaching in cafes in support of our District Managers, Cafe Management Team, and Team Members
- Consistently communicate and coach the team to standards. Adhere to and monitor team member compliance of all Life Alive standards and policies
- Motivate team members by recognizing great work and celebrating successes through a culture of feedback
- Serve as an in-restaurant point of contact for all training-related questions and needs
- Create and manage content for all retail rollouts (roles, activities, crafts)
- Eg Menu items, shift processes
What you have:
- BA degree
- 5+ years experience in restaurants, including culinary / hands-on kitchen experience
- 5+ years experience in official training capacity or project management
- Demonstrated strategic planning and project management experience
- Manager’s Food Safety Certification required
- Spanish language proficiency (preferred)
Who you are:
- Passionate about restaurants, and taking care of our team and guests
- A project management rock star with demonstrated experience. You are organized and detail-oriented, with strong follow up and follow through. You have helped organizations successfully plan its work and work its plan.
- A champion of feedback culture – celebrating wins and coaching different personality types in order to get results, while actively seeking feedback for personal growth
- Experienced in both the creation of training processes as well as hands on training of team members
- Flexible and able to react professionally to changes in schedules and/or project direction
- Aligned with our values, and specifically:
- Passionate about our higher purpose – Has an appreciation for energizing the vitality of our team, guests, and community through a nourishing and intentional approach to food and service
- Growth mindset – Actively looking for feedback to learn and grow, and excited for your role within the context of an ever-evolving organization
- Action-oriented – Takes initiative and manages through ambiguity while keeping in mind the big picture, can manage and execute against multiple priorities
- Clear Communicator – Leads with the “why” behind the what, and exhibits empathy and strong listening skills, while being direct, honest, and consistent in written and verbal communication with team and leadership
- An innovative and effective planner – Designs and executes business processes with our guests, team, and stakeholders in mind.
What you’ll get:
- An opportunity to make a real impact on our people and our growth
- A collaborative and empathetic team that strives to live into our core values
- A path for development, both personally and professionally
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
Apply via the email address below.