Plant-powered Sous Chef
The Cafes: Life Alive serves the vitality of a busy world, one meal at a time. In cafes that combine quick service convenience with community-centered beauty, they craft incredible plant-based food and beverages that are both elevated and accessible. Now more than ever, they believe that simple acts of service can have a major impact; the cafes are open and serving the community through take out, delivery, and customized meal plans.
The Position: They are seeking a passionate, experienced Sous Chef to work closely with the Kitchen Manager and Head of Culinary. The role requires:
- Ability to lead a Back of House team to complete daily, high volume prep lists of abundant produce and scratch broths, soups, and sauces
- Supply and support the production line
- Facilitate regular menu innovations
- Inventory and ordering
- Training team members
- Spanish language proficiency appreciated (not required)
Perks and Compensation:
- Competitive wage and potential bonus
- Generous meal discounts, on shift and off
- Education and professional development opportunities – examples include culinary training, superfood education, wellness lifestyle, resume building, community engagement
- Abundant opportunities for growth in the company
To Apply: Please send a resume and note introducing yourself and in your interest in the position to the email address below. Passion, creativity, and personality appreciated.