Life Alive serves the vitality of a busy world, one meal at a time. In cafes that combine quick service convenience with community-centered beauty, they craft incredible plant-based food and beverages that are both elevated and accessible. Now more than ever, they believe that simple acts of service can have a major impact; their cafes are open and serving the community through take out, delivery, and customized meal plans.
The Position: They are seeking a passionate, experienced Sous Chef to work closely with their Culinary Assistant Manager and Executive Chef.
The Role Requires:
- Ability to lead a Back of House team to complete daily, high volume prep lists of abundant produce and scratch broths, soups, and sauces
- Supply and support the production line
- Facilitate regular menu innovations
- Inventory and ordering
- Training team members
- Spanish language proficiency appreciated (not required)
- Adherence to all Food Safety policies and practices
- Ability to create a fun and inclusive working environment
Perks and Compensation:
- Competitive wage / salary and potential bonus
- Generous meal discounts, on shift and off
- Education and professional development opportunities – examples include culinary training, superfood education, wellness lifestyle, resume building, community engagement
- Abundant opportunities for growth in the company
They value you for you. They strive to nourish all living beings and their planet, and foster a community where all feel welcome, safe, and valued. They embrace all differences of age, sexual orientation, gender and its expression, race, culture and ethnicity, national origin, mental and physical health and ability, religious background, marital status, family structure, citizenship, education, and military or veterans’ status. Life Alive invites you to bring your whole self to work.
To Apply: Please send a resume and note introducing yourself and in your interest in the position. Passion, creativity, and personality appreciated.