Chefs at Life Alive must be passion driven leaders with a deep commitment to whole food integrity. They celebrate collaboration and organic, plant-based ingredients. They want each café to have a unique individual supporting the GM by leading the prep team to success.
Building community with engaged, mission-driven team members is essential to Life Alive. Chefs hire, onboard, and oversee the prep team. They possess a high level of culinary skill and the ability to train and coach. They run joyful shifts and embody Life Alive’s culture and standards, serving as a model for the team members they lead.
- Staging, onboarding, and training and maintaining capable prep captains
- Developing Sages with high standards and desire to learn
- Use of prep path tool to track team progress
- Consistent coaching and development of team
Chefs take ownership of the prep and purchasing operation and own quality control- they are fully engaged in touching, tasting, and course correcting to ensure each meal they serve reflects Life Alive’s celebration of whole food and vitality.
- Checking all orders for freshness and quality
- Tasting scratch made sauces, soups and broths for flavor and consistency
- Use of Fabrication model to assure full stocking and proper prep each shift
Life Alive’s open kitchens and production lines are designed to execute exceptional volume with speed and integrity. Their facilities house top-of-the-line equipment and process thousands of dollars of quality product every day. Maintaining these spaces takes a keen eye for detail and dedication to standards and care.
- Upholding daily deep cleans with the prep team
- Training “clean as you go” style
- Adhering to food safety guidelines and auditing space regularly
Life Alive see’s profits as a byproduct of making the right decisions every day. Each shift the Chef is responsible for managing their purchasing and labor in the back of house to assure they have the right amount of product and people, but never too much.
- Full grasp of sales forecasting (sales ledger) and labor budget
- Ownership of prep, dish, and sage schedule within labor template
- Developing team for efficiency to maintain operations within margins
- Adherence to purchase system and use of declining budget to inventory properly and stay fully stocked
If you have the will to learn and participate, the skills required of a Chef, and the passion for community, food, and service their leaders require, they hope you will apply to Life Alive.
- 2 years of Kitchen Manager/Head Chef/Sous experience
- Experience leading a team (>5 people)
- Experience making schedules & using labor templates
- Kitchen experience 4+ years
- History of growth in position
- Keen Palate
Skills and Knowledge
- Independently motivated
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage through ambiguity
- Growth mindset orientated
- Ability to work 9+ hours on your feet multiple days a week
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Keen eye for detail and quality
- Use of labor and food management systems
- Capable of running operations without supervision
- Cool and Calm Demeanor under pressure
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems in the moment
- Solves problems and follows through until solved
- Demonstrated ability to train and grow leaders
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills
- Team-building skills
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
To apply, send your resume to the email address below.