Assistant General Managers at Life Alive must be passion driven leaders eager to learn and support the General Manager. They celebrate collaboration and want each cafe to have effective, enthusiastic leadership driving their team to success. They define success as growing a vibrant community and team, maintaining the highest food quality and physical space, and mastering the entrepreneurial spirit of cost balancing.
Building community with engaged, mission-driven team members is essential to Life Alive. AGMs assist in hiring and onboarding new team members. They run joyful shifts and embody Life Alive’s culture and standards, serving as a model for the team members they lead.
- Utilization of hiring & onboarding tools
- Holding orientation
- Performance management coaching on each shift
Everyday Life Alive produces an expansive menu entirely from scratch using the highest quality, organic ingredients. Assistant General Managers follow the journey of food and are responsible for ordering, proper storing and preparing, as well as producing it – they are fully engaged in touching, tasting, and course correcting to ensure each meal served reflects Life Alive’s celebration of whole food and vitality.
- Use of Purchase system in full integrity
- Understanding of Fab model and execution of tasks
- Proper temp and taste logs each shift
Life Alive’s dining rooms are designed to evoke a beautiful guest experience, and it’s open production lines are designed to execute exceptional volume with speed and integrity. AGMs learn and enforce cleaning systems, delegate tasks, and help GMs audit the environment regularly to ensure everything is clean, prepared, and ready to receive the team, food, and guests.
- Use of daily deep clean lists
- Upkeep of opening and closing tasks lists (close to open philosophy)
- Developing keen “manager eyes” in auditing store cleanliness
They see profits as a byproduct of making the right choices proactively and consistently. AGMs work with their GMs to learn and execute cost balancing through systems of inventory and ordering, labor management, and food costing.
- Full grasp and interaction with declining budget
- Purchasing responsibilities
If you have the will to learn and participate, the skills required of an AGM, and the passion for community, food, and service that leaders require, they hope you will apply to Life Alive.
- 2 years of AGM experience
- Experience working on a large team (>30 people)
- Experience learning labor budget and utilizing scheduling software
- Guest service experience 2+ years
- History of growth in position
- Experience in QSR or white tablecloth concepts
Skills and Knowledge
- Independently motivated
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage through ambiguity
- Growth mindset orientated
- Ability to work 9+ hours on your feet multiple days a week
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Capable of running shifts without supervision
- Cool and Calm Demeanor under pressure
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems in the moment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Team-building skills
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Experience as a leader
- Eagerness to learn systems and take ownership
- Ability to complete tasks, sometimes unsupervised