Ledger Restaurant in historic Salem, MA is a progressive New England concept with a focus on wood fire cooking led by James Beard Nominated Chef, Daniel Gursha. They are hiring an Assistant General Manager to join their team for the upcoming busy season.
Job Description – AGM
Day to Day Operations and Expectations
- Lead in hospitality through day of coaching, as well as leading by doing and strive to provide warm hospitality with our team
- Maintain an overall positive team environment
- Ensure timely response to guest feedback and concerns
- Working with our James Beard Nominated kitchen team to assist in training staff in food and menu knowledge
- Working with wine director and bar manager to assist in training staff in beverage knowledge
- Works closely with General Manager to maintain Ledger standards of hospitality and service
- Works with Opentable to maximize covers and communicate VIPs/guest requests
- Ensures food safety and cleanliness standards of the restaurant are maintained
- Performs closing procedures regularly
Skills for Qualifications
- 1-2 years previous experience in food service management
- Must work weekends and some holidays
- Experience with Opentable and Toast POS preferred
- Work integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong time-management skills and keeps organized
- Candidates have a natural sense of hospitality and customer service, eager to learn and committed to continuous improvement.
- Timely work completion and follow-through
Ledger offers a highly competitive salary based on experience, work life balance, paid vacation after a year, staff meals and opportunities to grow. If you believe Ledger would be the right fit for you please send your resume to General Manager, Kelsey Tenore, at the email address below.