La Gallina Mediterranean Eatery and Bar, opening in Lynnfield this summer, is seeking a motivated restaurant and culinary professional ready to join a small but mighty team. The restaurant’s partners, Matthias Kiehm and James Wierzelewski, are hospitality and real estate industry experts with decades of experience. We are looking for passionate, creative thinkers to build this new restaurant together.
- Prep and cook foods of exceptional quality
- Ensure that food is served in a timely manner in accordance with La Gallina service standards and an exceptional dining experience.
- Manage multiple cold and hot stations
- Assist with the preparation, presentation, decoration and storage of all food items.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus, ingredients, out of stock items and current specials
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established side work checklist
- Work in a clean and organized manner keeping assigned stations and service areas maintained during shifts
- Assist other team members as needed, both with and without the direction of management
- Maintain positive and effective communication with team members and managers regarding all relevant information, special considerations and/or concerns pertaining to our guests
- Re-stock items and supplies as needed and alert management of shortages
- Communicate health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to the management
- Understand all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of food cooked
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 1 years of cooking experience preferred
- Restaurant experience preferred
- A strong team player who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, second language is a plus
- Detail oriented, good prioritization and follow up skills
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Employment Legislation, and demonstrated knife skills and safe food handling practices preferred.
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business
- SERV Safe or equivalent certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Culinary arts or a related field education preferred
Competitive pay and benefits package