La Gallina Mediterranean Eatery and Bar, opening in Lynnfield this summer, is seeking a motivated restaurant and culinary professional ready to join a small but mighty team. The restaurant’s partners, Matthias Kiehm and James Wierzelewski, are hospitality and real estate industry experts with decades of experience. We are looking for passionate, creative thinkers to build this new restaurant together.
Who Are We Looking For?
You are an upbeat professional who enjoys rolling up their sleeves. This is a great way to join a professional, high performing kitchen team with plenty of growth opportunities. Our team is the cornerstone of our day-to-day operations. You are a creative thinker who brings incredible food and amazing service to our customers. When you join, you become a part of a family that encourages creativity, passion and fun.
- Prep and cook foods of exceptional quality.
- Ensure that food is served in a timely manner in accordance with La Gallina service standards and ensuring high customer satisfaction and an exceptional dining experience.
- Cooks food of high quality according to standard recipes.
- Manages multiple cold and hot stations
- Assists with the preparation, presentation, decoration and storage of all food items.
- Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus, ingredients, out of stock items and current specials
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established side work checklist
- Works in a clean and organized manner keeping assigned stations and service areas maintained during shifts
- Assists other team members as needed, both with and without the direction of management
- Maintains positive and effective communication with team members and managers regarding all relevant information, special considerations and/or concerns pertaining to our guests
- Re-stocks items and supplies as needed and alerts management of shortages
- Communicates health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to the management
- Understand all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of food cooked
- Assists in providing training opportunities for team new members.
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints regarding food quality and service
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of three (3) years of cooking experience preferred
- Experience in a restaurant preferred
- A strong team player who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, second language is a plus
- Detail oriented, good prioritization and follow up skills
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Employment Legislation, and demonstrated knife skills and safe food handling practices preferred.
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business
- SERV Safe or equivalent certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Culinary arts or a related field education or experience preferred
Competitive pay and benefits package