Are you a Chef looking to take the next step in your career?
Founded in 1980, La Bonne Maison is a premiere, boutique catering company, recently named Best Wedding Caterer 2021 by Boston Magazine. LBM is seeking a highly-motivated Executive Chef to lead its in-house prep team, joining a well-established and growing company.
Known for chef-driven custom cuisine, a distinct beverage program, and impeccable service, La Bonne Maison is seeking an individual with ample catering experience. The company’s ideal candidate is an Executive Chef looking to make a career move or currently working under the leadership of great executive chefs and is eager to level up and run their own kitchen. Key attributes include passion for the industry, flexibility, confidence, pride, ownership, and the ability to effectively communicate.
- Achieve 100% satisfaction through high volume food preparation, presentation and taste
- Inspire and direct current and prospective culinary staff, including the ability to instruct and delegate
- Ongoing interaction and menu collaboration with LBM management team and onsite event chefs
- Ability to follow the lead of specific direction and goals from management who curate menus within the vision of both LBM and the clientele
- Perfect execution of the tried-and-true book of LBM recipes and concepts while introducing new cuisines, presentation style and trends, meeting demands of the evolving market
- Maintain and oversee the organization and cleanliness of a busy kitchen environment
- Directly responsible for food inventory, ordering, and vendor communication
- Oversee prep/labor scheduling and production to ensure stellar quality and consistency
- Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance, proper safety technique, and sanitation standards, that meet city of Newton code inspections
- Positive attitude to support a close-knit team environment
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- Culinary degree preferred and 3+ years working full-time in a catering environment
- Possession and maintenance of requisite certifications: ServSafe Food Manager, Allergen Awareness
- Preferred certification, but not required: Choke/Save
- Three or more references required
Compensation: Competitive salary
- Vacation and personal days
- Retirement plan
- Possible bonuses for exemplary work that helps advance the business of LBM
Please send a cover letter, contact information and PDF resume via email to Julia at the email address below.