Kohi Coffee Company, locally owned specialty coffee company, aims to offer delicious tasting espresso, coffee and tea beverages…one drink at time. They are building a team of friendly and enthusiastic coffee and food aficionados for their newest location in Brighton @ Boston Landing! If you have a passion for food and service, they’d love to hear from you. Part-time positions available with possibility of more full-time hours.
When you apply, please attach your resume along with three references to the email address below. Learn more about Kohi Coffee Company on their website.
The cafe cooks will be responsible for various preparations of food from baked goods pastry, eggs, sandwiches and salads. This includes daily prep and cleaning projects, along with working service and maintaining a clean station. Good knife skills are necessary.
Ideal applicants will have an intense curiosity for food culture and focus on accuracy, presentation, cleanliness, and timing, as well as, be able to demonstrate competent skills and general kitchen safety. Applicants must be able to multi-task and show that they work well with others and support positive teamwork within the kitchen. Ideal applicants will demonstrate an aggressive drive for both self and company achievement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare café food for eat-in or take-away consistent with recipe and presentation requirements.
- Be extremely punctual, tidy and clean in appearance.
- Work in a small team to prepare and serve food items for café service.
- Ensure quality, maintain the Kohi standards, grow your knowledge and develop your palate.
- Display a sense of urgency while maintain a positive guest experience.
- Provide impeccable customer service.
- Efficiently manage multiple shifting priorities.
- Collaborate with your teammates to reinforce standards, learn about coffee, food offerings and how to improve service to guests.
- Keep the café running in a clean and efficient manner at all times. Teammates will be responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to washing dishes, clearing guests areas, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning and organizing various stations, taking out the trash/recycling, and periodic restroom cleaning.
- Experience and technical ability with general food preparation/presentation, baking, confectionary, and sweet and savory pastry, preferred.
- Production baking experience preferred.
- A culinary degree or previous kitchen experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends.
- Full-time position, mostly morning and days, offering competitive pay are available.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL JOBS
Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position (all overtime policies as described in the handbook and required by law apply)
- Fine hand manipulation (working the espresso machine)
- Frequent tasting and smelling of products
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Inclement weather is possible at all times and depending on the location it may be hotter or colder than expected.