Are you a kitchen professional looking to join a thriving independent business?
We are currently looking for a Kitchen Manager!
First, a little about us:
Kickstand Cafe is a well-loved, community-oriented cafe in Arlington Center. Kickstand opened in late 2013, and quickly became a mainstay of Arlington and the surrounding areas. People have told us (and we’re not making this up) that they decided to move to Arlington after visiting Kickstand; and one customer called it “Arlington’s living room”! It is a special place to the town, and it is a special place to us. We have worked hard to cultivate an environment that is warm, welcoming, and accepting to all, while also serving great food and drinks. Kickstand is unique!
Thanks to our loyal and devoted customers, we have survived (and in many ways thrived) through the difficult times that were the pandemic. We are busy as ever, and looking forward to evolving and growing as we move into our tenth year.
We are open during breakfast/lunch hours, and serve wholesome cafe fare (sandwiches, salads, soups). Our goal is to always source locally and sustainably produced menu items. The pace is fast, but we work hard to maintain an environment where employees are happy, supported, and well fed/caffeinated(Our baristas are amazing)!
We are looking for an energetic, experienced kitchen professional, who will work with us to raise the bar and maintain the standard of service that Kickstand Cafe has established through the last decade.
- This is a full time salaried position(40-45hrs/week)
- Starting salary 50K
- Manage 5-8 employees
- Work closely with owners and general manager to expand our current menu and create regularly rotating specials that our customers will love
- Streamline the kitchen processes to maintain prompt service times
- Perform and oversee routine kitchen tasks (chopping vegetables, cooking/slicing meats, and preparing sauces/dressings, etc)
- Prepare customer orders as they are received
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Set regular cleaning standards for the kitchen and verify that staff is maintaining sanitation levels
- Ensure quality of food consistently meets or exceeds expectations of customers
- Identify and minimize food waste
- Previous kitchen management experience required
- Morning and weekend availability required (no nights!)
- An easy going personality with a sense of humor is a huge plus!
Please note: This is a long-term position. We are looking for somebody that is as dedicated and loyal to us, as we will be to you. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against covid.
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your resume in a PDF format, and include a short explanation as to why you would be a good addition to our team!
Thank you for taking the time to read our job posting, we hope to hear from you soon!