Located just outside of Union Square Somerville, Josephine is Michael Scelfo’s newest restaurant concept that focuses on a forward-thinking approach to Italian cuisine. We are looking for those seeking to grow and evolve professionally with the restaurant, while nurturing the career development of culinary and restaurant professionals.
Bartenders at Josephine must strive to create memorable guest experiences and repeat guests by utilizing established steps of service, personality, and restaurant atmosphere. Everything done should be for that shared end goal.
Education & Experience:
- Hospitality skills, integrity, and a positive attitude required
- Proven customer service experience, as a restaurant Bartender preferred
- Moderate food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and service staff
- Guide guest experiences, from start to finish, taking guest orders, serving food and drink, and enthusiastically representing Josephine’s brand of hospitality.
- Seek meaningful connections with guests
- Use point of sale system in a timely and consistent manner for all guest orders
- Effectively execute steps of service, providing glassware, plate-ware, and all other items necessary
- Comprehensive knowledge of food menus, wine by the glass, beer, and cocktails
- Commitment to building knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits
- Support all facets of service, including takeout, patio service + private events
- Assist with opening and closing restaurant duties and re-stocking
- Store beverage and restaurant supplies in an organized and thoughtful way
- Communicate with management on guest experiences, both positive and negative
- Responsibly serve alcohol, check IDs & make informed, smart decisions on when to serve guests, referring to management when needed
- Assist other areas of the restaurant as necessary
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including holidays, evenings, and/or weekends
- Available for meetings as needed with staff & management team
*Josephine is an equal opportunity employer*
- Competitive Hourly Wage plus tips
- Health benefits available to all full-time employees working 30 or more hours per week
- Paid Sick Time
The above job description may be amended at any time by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.