Michelin Starred Chef John Fraser is opening his newest restaurants in the brand-new Winthrop Center Tower in Downtown Crossing, and we are looking for a Multi-Unit Assistant General Manager with many opportunities for growth for the right candidate. This property will include a private club for residents, a private club for office tenants and multiple grab-and-go kiosks.
Essential Job Function: The Assistant General Manager directs, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy, which serves as a guide to respective staff and takes the necessary steps to achieve objectives in sales, cost environment, employee retention, cleanliness, and sanitation. The AGM is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development, and performance management of employees.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Foster and always maintain positive guest relations and resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Maintain a healthy, happy, and productive work environment to foster loyalty and dedication.
- Keep the General Manager and Property Director promptly and fully informed of all issues and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas; ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Be physically present on the floor during service to ensure service standards.
- Guide, direct, and train service staff; observe the flow of guests and provide assistance.
- Ability to manage expectations, processes, and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working as an Assistant General Manager or similar capacity, within a high volume, upscale restaurant
- Able to maintain a schedule availability flexible to the business demands
- Strong financial acumen
- Team-orientated and positive attitude
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and electronic, are required
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, Excel, and can easily adapt to new technology
John Fraser Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Dining Program
- Commuter Benefits
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.