jm Curley, the award-winning American barroom and local favorite since 2011, is hiring an Executive Chef. They are looking for a creative, dedicated, highly-organized and empowering manager to join the team, as they position themselves for growth. The role is responsible to work closely with the Managing Partner to ensure that the product created is meeting the needs of guests, the team, the brand and the business. The Executive Chef will also oversee and execute their reservation only, twenty-seat, speakeasy-style steakhouse located adjacent to jm Curley, Bogie’s Place. The Executive Chef has a deep passion for the product, their brand and for creating the best quality possible.
Executive Chef responsibilities:
- Works with the Managing Partner to supervise all aspects of the restaurant operation – managing staff, menu execution, catering, training & empowering staff, cost of goods, etc.
- Ensures that jm Curley’s & Bogie’s Place product quality is consistently high and ensures that the menu is innovative, exciting and updated regularly
- Manages all aspects of weekly specials and collaborations, with creativity and deliciousness being paramount
- Hiring, training, and developing managers and employees
- Forecasting, planning, sourcing, and ordering for the kitchen
- Building positive relationships with vendors
- Adhering to budgets and meets targets
- Does what it takes to keep the business running smoothly – filling in wherever necessary
Executive Chef requirements:
- Dedicated, organized, ready for growth in volume & sales, works well with entire team, fun-loving demeanor
- Minimum of 5 years in restaurant industry, with high-volume experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years in management
- Organizational, leadership, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to effectively and respectfully train, develop and lead staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great delegation skills
- Working knowledge of email, relevant software, POS systems
- Stick to budgets and meet targets
Please submit your resume to the email address below. They look forward to hearing from you!