Irasshaimase! They are currently interviewing candidates for a Front of House Manager and Servers for their Izakaya in Brookline.
They encourage a collaborative environment that fosters education and growth. They are seeking those who are of a similar mindset and will be dedicated to exceeding their guest’s expectations through hard work, passion, kindness, and pride.
The Manager position will work alongside the Executive Chef. They’re looking for an optimistic professional to lead the floor team to new heights. This is a unique opportunity for anyone with a passion for craft cocktails, Japanese-inspired cuisine, curated Japanese sakes, and more! Your responsibilities would include ordering, daily operations management, team development, and everything in-between. If you have a self-starter attitude, and really want to build something unique where you take part of the process every step of the way, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for! Potential for growth is enormous; this role will inevitably lead to the General Manager position for this restaurant. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned assistant manager or service professional looking to advance their career to the next level.
- Coordinating daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Personally delivering superior service and maximize customer satisfaction, as well as through team training and coaching
- Responds efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Daily operations management – this includes daily cash, payroll, recruitment and terminations, inventory, labor cost, food costs, training and scheduling
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Write detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
Who they’re looking for:
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable, Toast POS, online delivery apps and devices
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- Hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
This is a full time salaried position with benefits available after 90 days.
Job Type: Full-time