In the restaurant, they strive to further the mission of Island Creek Oysters and by serving the world’s finest oysters while having a damn good time doing it. Do you love food and want to work in a high energy position?
Island Creek Oyster Bar Kenmore is hiring an Expeditor. As Expeditor, or “Expo”, you will support the delivery of all food items into the dining room. This is a key component to nightly service, working with both back of house and front of house teams. This position is high energy and melds both culinary and operations skills.
The ideal candidate has a great work ethic and is very detail oriented. Expo oversee all dishes leaving the kitchen and should have a passion for beautiful, delicious, hot food! The Expeditor will join a kitchen culture rooted in education, proficiency, teamwork, and employee development. They will respect everyone in the kitchen, from Dishwashers to Managers.
They look for the following qualities in an Expeditor –
- Flexible Schedule (Wednesday – Sunday)
- Interest in Learning – Oysters! Seafood! Fish Butchery!
- Great communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Dexterity in using kitchen equipment / utensils / heavy trays
The Expo role has the following responsibilities –
- Receive all printed tickets to the kitchen
- Organize all printed tickets
- Receive food, checking final preparation for accuracy, presentation and temperature
- Work with food runners, sending dishes to the correct tables
- Troubleshoot effectively – keeping a close eye on ticket times and dish presentation
- Adhere to quality and health / sanitation standards of ICOB
- Transfer important information between the kitchen and front of house staff
- Understand allergy protocol and work with management on correctly delivering specific dishes
- Communicate with kitchen team when a dish needs to be remade per guest request
- Support Raw Bar set up and prep, Take Out orders and any other functions vital to nightly service
- Assist in the retrieval of Wines by the Bottle during service
Email the address listed below to apply