Do you see yourself as a Restaurant Server at Miel Brasserie at the InterContinental Boston?
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, painting or gardening, IHG is interested in YOU. IHG employs people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And they’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team lead by Chef Michael Rostafin.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: For 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. As part of the largest luxury hotel brand in the world, InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; rated in the top five on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World’ by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston’s historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. They are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure they continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Apply online at the link below.
Provide fast and courteous service of food and beverages to guests and ensure quality of food and beverage presentation per established standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Prepare food and beverages for service to hotel guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
- Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required.
- Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift.
- Alert Outlet Management of any service and/or safety issues.
- Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations.
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the restaurant
- Handling food objects; plates, trays, glasses, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.What InterContinental offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.