Perfectly nestled in Lexington, Massachusetts, just 15 miles outside Boston, the Inn at Hastings Park provides unrivaled hospitality and exceptional culinary experiences. The Boston area’s only Relais & Châteaux property, the Inn features 22 stylishly luxurious accommodations, including a lovingly preserved guest house and barn that merge Lexington’s historic heritage and architecture with a contemporary American chic design.
An immersive food and wine destination unlike any other in New England, the Inn provides a delicious respite for those in-the-know, from a transformed seasonal menu at upscale Town Meeting Bistro, to the exclusive Culinary Garden. Inn owner Trisha Pérez Kennealy also shares her passion for teaching in her role as Culinary Educator, offering indoor and outdoor cooking classes for hotel and day guests alike.
We are looking for a professional line cook to work Monday through Friday (AM shift) to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma preferred
- Starting salary at $22 per hour
- Hourly salary + monthly profit share distribution summing anywhere between $1-$3 dollars more per hour!
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Discounts at other Relais and Chateaux properties around the world