If you enjoy multitasking and have the talent of taste tempting and persuasion, and your care and excellent customer service is recognized & appreciated by the guests that you serve, then welcome to the next chapter of your career.
Enjoy ample tips and free meals, referral fees for recommending other hard working, service minded individuals such as yourself.
& a 30% employee discount when you are not on shift.
Don’t forget, we have a busy takeout and in-house business so there are plenty of tips to go around.
All this can be yours in exchange for, you guessed it…, hard work!
If you are a believer like I am, that ample compensation should be given to those who work hard, & prioritize the customer experience, you and I are on the same wavelength.
But if you believe you should be paid ample compensation with as little effort as possible, please… please… pass on by, and do not read further.
Now for the job description:
Waitstaff / Servers at India Pavilion are responsible for:
• Delivering prompt courteous service to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
• Provide guests with helpful guidance with food and drink offerings.
• Provide a clean and presentable dining and food service area for the guest.
• Help with beverage, dessert, condiment prep and ensure all dishes present well and are to order before serving to the guests.
• Periodic check-ins to ensure guest needs are met. Graciously present accurate guest check & collect payment at the end of the meal.
• Fluency in English
• High School Education or equivalent
• 2 years+ of successful dining room or restaurant wait staff experience
• Working knowledge of food handling and safety standards as well as basic kitchen operation
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to respectfully resolve any customer issues positively
• Ideal candidate must be flexible to work lunches, dinners and weekends.
(Ability to speak Hindi or Punjabi is a plus, but not required.)
• Able to build positive and strong relationships with employees, coworkers, and guests.
• Focused on and dedicated to providing excellence in courteous customer service.
• Able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
• Physically able to move up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas.
• Physically able to push and pull equipment and furnishings. Including food carts up to 100 pounds.
• Physically able to stand for long periods of time.
$19-28+ (inclusive of tips.) (generally mid 20s)
Full-Time and Part-time positions available. (Shifts are 6hrs each)
***Reply to this post with your resume attached with the number of 6hr shifts per week you are interested in having,
and our staff manager will be in contact with you shortly.
Brief history of us… we are the oldest and best Indian restaurant in the Cambridge/Boston area.
We’ve been responsible for training over 100 chefs in the last 43 years of business… who have then gone on to open multitudes of restaurants all over New England & beyond.
We’re well known and we’re going strong. Come be a part of our family.
Contact us today.