Hyannis Yacht Club is seeking a Sous Chef to join their talented management team. This is an excellent opportunity with a busy organization specializing in creating a memorable experience for their daily guests and guests attending banquets.
They are seeking a passionate, personable and creative chef to assist in developing, mentoring and leading a culinary team to produce consistent high food quality and plate presentation with recipe adherence, accurate planning, within established cost controls and ensuring proper sanitation and safety practices are followed at all times.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a chef with strong food skills, menu development, high sanitation standards and strong leadership skills to manage our culinary team is preferred. Culinary certification/degree is also a plus. This position requires a detail oriented, creative self-starter with a hands-on approach.
JOB TASKS (DUTIES):
- Supervises the work of management staff in the food and pastry production departments
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Prepares or directly supervises the daily preparation of soups, sauces and “specials”
- Assist in planning menus for all Food & Beverage outlets in the organization considering guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs and a wide variety of other factors
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Assist in developing recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistent high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control over all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Interacts with Executive Chef to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests
- Plans and manages the employee meal program
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment
Commensurate with experience. Health benefits, paid vacation and housing assistance.
Interested candidates can email resumes to the address below.