House of Blues is looking to hire a Sous Chef.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Sous Chef is responsible for all food and food related costs, procedures, quality, and all back of house labor percentage and budgets.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
I. Financial Performance of Departments
- Meets or exceeds budgetary expectation
- Food & Beverage Cost
- Labor Cost
- Operating Accounts
- Inventory is controlled, monitored and maintained bi-weekly
- Develop menu engineering program to project and monitor trend and predict cost
II. Supervision of the Department
- Assist and support kitchen management in any of their job functions, as needed
- Work with Executive Chef to schedule shifts for kitchen staff
- Ensure that there is no unapproved overtime on shift
- Check labor daily in Labor Management system
- Perform all opening and closing kitchen supervisory tasks
- Ensure positive and creative team environment within department
- Facilitate open communication with the Executive Chef, supervisors and staff
- Facilitate proper inter-departmental communications and organization
- Perform timely staff evaluations (training and annual). •Set written development and performance goals for all team members, and monitor progress
- Assure complete and satisfactory on-going staff training.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels. Recruitment and hiring staff/supervisors, ensure that hiring/disciplinary/termination standards follow all HOBE guidelines
- Maintains open door policy/one on one with staff
- Decisions are information based and follow up on efficiently
- Information is gathered, shared, and used appropriately
- Ensure adherence to safety guidelines
- Participate in weekly Kitchen Manager’s meeting
III. Sale Building
- Development, with Executive Chef , of cost effective specials and menu changes to achieve maximum sales
- Assist Executive Chef with menu changes 2 times a year in Restaurant
- Create menu contest with Executive Chef to increase particular sales in designated areas
- Ensure food is considered excellent value for money and increases guest frequency
- Assist and support kitchen staff in any of their job functions, as needed
- Participate in outside appearances and fund raising events to increase awareness of the House of Blues
IV. Maintain Operation Supplies
- All staff has supplies needed to facilitate job
- All staff is trained (and signed off) on equipment upon hiring
- All equipment is maintained in operable condition
- All events are organized and planned per HOBE specs.
- All housekeeping standards are maintained in compliance with inspection guidelines / Local Health Code
V. Maintenance and Update of Micros and Labor Systems
- All employees input prior to work
- All employees are job classed and current wages are inputted
- All files are maintained and changes are submitted to Executive Chef
- All menu item counts are current and maintained weekly
- Food portions are monitored and revisions are recommended to Executive Chef
- New items are recommended to Executive Chef
- Guest and crew feedback is reported and issues resolved
- Recipe adherence is 100%
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
- Minimum 3 years kitchen management experience and experience in management
- Skilled in cooking, cost controls, management, crew training and development
- Working knowledge of Kitchen and dish washing procedures
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage costs, labor costs, and product cost
- Computer knowledge: Excel worksheets, databases, word processing, and Micros
- Ability to run all kitchen operations
- Knowledge of operations and procedures of a multi-faceted entertainment facility
- College degree
- Able to lift at least 150 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (10 – 12 hours)
- Able to tolerate extreme heat
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
Apply via the email address below.