House of Blues is looking for Line Cooks.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Line Cook is responsible for preparation of food items for service in a high-volume restaurant.
- Organize and prioritize preparation of food items
- Prepare food according to standardized recipes
- Ensure proper size and weight of food portions
- Coordinate food preparation with other kitchen staff
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through work area throughout shift
- Follow standard recipes regarding presentation of food items
- Prepare plate presentation pursuant to standard recipes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment and walk-in cooler
- Ensure that kitchen area, including grill, oven, stoves, etc. remain clean and free of hazards during shift
- Keep floor clean and free of food items, trash, or other obstacles
- Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
- Prepare kitchen equipment and set up station for shift
- Ensure proper rotation of food items, including the lifting/moving food bins.
- Perform all opening and closing duties
- Sanitation and Safety compliance
- Great Attitude and teamwork
- Adherence to all House of Blues policies
- Assist other Kitchen as needed
- Opening and Closing duties
- Job Skills/Knowledge/Productivity
- Clean, neat appearance
- Knowledge of high-volume kitchen operations
- Ability to inspect food spoilage and proper rotation
- Kitchen sanitation
- Prep work
- Expediting knowledge
- Skills in use of all kitchen equipment
- Ability to follow standardized recipes and plate presentation
- Ability to maintain the pace of a high-volume kitchen
- Proper sanitation knowledge
- Kitchen and restaurant operations
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Extreme Heat
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 150 lbs.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Apply via the email address below.