Offering panoramic views of the Boston Harbor and skyline, Hook + Line will be a seafood-centric, champagne drenched gathering place in the Seaport. Hook + Line is high octane and high energy, with an all day marketplace, expansive restaurant and menu driven by fresh catch, vendor partnerships and high end whimsy reflected through food.
Mission: As the Maître d’, you will assist in guiding and shaping the service, operations, and overall guest experience at Hook + Line. The primary focuses of this role are host team leadership, guest relations and representing the highest standards for guest service and hospitality. The Maître d’ is responsible for greeting and welcoming our guests, accommodating seating and special requests, managing reservations, and enhancing the guest experiences. The Maître d’ works in collaboration with the Hook + Line management team to drive Hook + Line’s overall financial and operational success.
The Maître d’ is committed to the following job components, designed to create a meaningful, growth-oriented position:
- Recognize that Hook + Line’s success depends on working well with all team members with varying skill sets and experience levels
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with the management team, staff, and Hook + Line’s guests that express a commitment to Hook + Line’s identity, growth, and guest experience
- Exude passion for hospitality, restaurant operations, gastronomy, and Hook + Line as an identity
Schedule: Full-Time, varying schedule, across Hook + Line’s business hours
Management Structure: Reports to General Manager
- Demonstrate positivity, enthusiasm, and energy for hospitality, with both guests and staff
- Seek to make the restaurant as busy as possible, maximizing restaurant layout, reservation structure, and overall calendar – feed more people!
- Display commitment to volume-oriented service with precise execution
- Develop initiatives to continually create repeat guests, as well as recover guest experiences
- Follow all established food safety, alcohol service, health code, and cleanliness practices
- Oversee daily care of physical plant, working with management team as needed
- Participate in and help oversee public events, private events, and key Hook + Line marketing opportunities
Maître d’ Responsibilities
- Elevate all guest experiences by providing exemplary hospitality at the door
- Communicate with management on guest experiences, both positive and negative
- Greet and check in all guests and provide guests with accurate information regarding their reservation or estimated wait time
- Inform guests of all on-site amenities and any relevant information that is needed to use them
- Maintain a safe and organized workspace, including storage, coat closet, and host stand
- Support all facets of service, including takeout, patio service, and private events
- Maintain and organize menus, manage reservation system, and organize restaurant supplies in an efficient and thoughtful manner
- Assist with dining room maintenance throughout service by setting and clearing tables, directing staff, and guiding guests
- Maintain a working knowledge of food and beverage menus, maintaining proper menu pars
- Communicate FOH preparation needs based on level of business, change in menu, or special events
- Manage reservation and event email account with prompt, professional and accurate communication
- Respond to guest feedback in a polite and professional manner on OpenTable, etc.
- Lead, with direction from General Manager, all guest communication regarding contracts, details and set menus for large party format dinners (10-25+ guests)
- Manage storage of all large party format dinners and BEO’s
- Work with FOH & BOH Management teams on preparation and execution of large party format dinners and BEOs
- Strategize and seek neighborhood outreach opportunities for Hook + Line
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in hospitality, with at least 1 year in management
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Excellent, leadership, motivational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- High integrity and professionalism
- A positive, joyful, upbeat, and energetic attitude – leading by example
- Comfortable standing/walking for 8+ hours, and be able to bend, push, pull, and/or lift 30 lbs.
Metrics of Success:
- Demonstrates diligence and technique in cleanliness, service, and precision
- Displays a curious, kind, thoughtful, creative, and self-aware personality
- Works the floor during service, with excellent guest-facing hospitality and service recovery skills
- Thrives in a dynamic restaurant atmosphere, supporting the near-obsessive food culture
- Invests in new ideas and knowledge for continued professional growth in restaurant operations
- Committed to improving financial performance through positively impacting guest experiences
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.