Offering panoramic views of the Boston Harbor and skyline, Hook + Line will be a seafood centric, champagne drenched gathering place in the Seaport. Hook + Line is high octane and high energy, with an all-day marketplace, expansive restaurant and menu driven by fresh catch, vendor partnerships and high-end whimsy reflected through food.
The Hook + Line Market will be open 7 days a week, offering prepared foods, hand selected retail products and catering opportunities for the Seaport business community and local residents.
Scope & General Purpose: As the Fish Monger, you will handle and cut fresh seafood to fill orders for customers. This position works closely with the Hook + Line Chef team to support the fish butchery work needed across both the restaurant and the Market.
The Fish Monger is committed to the following job components, designed to create a meaningful, growth-oriented position:
- Recognize that Hook + Line success is centered around working with all team members, with varying skill sets and experience level
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with the management team, staff and Hook + Line guests
- Exude passion for culinary operations and hospitality as centered in a retail space
Schedule: Full Time Schedule, as Market business dictates.
- Able to work eight-hour shifts, plus ability to stand, sit, squat, or walk for extended periods of time, walk up and down stairs
- Able to grasp, reach overhead, push, lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Management Structure: Reports to Hook + Line Chef Team
- Receive fish and other seafood products as needed, checking for overall quality as the product arrives and ensure that all products are stored correctly
- Clean, butcher, and prepare various fish/seafood products for the Market and Restaurant
- Utilize knife skills, seeking to minimize waste, as well as learn new butchering skills
- Communicate clearly and quickly with the Market’s Retail team and Chef team on fish received, fish quality, inventory, ordering frequency and any other key details
- When necessary, package orders for Market customers; weighing and tagging containers for weight and contents
- Answer customer questions around fish type, quality, species and flavor profile, as needed, to drive Market Sales
- Work with Chef team to understand fish quantity needs, as it relates to restaurant service, private dining and catering and market volume
- Complete daily and weekly inventory for fish and seafood to impact overall operations pertaining to fish and seafood
- Maintain clean and sanitary workstation in the Market, as well as upholding all health code standards related to fish butchery, service and care of product
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working in culinary operations, with fish butchery experience
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High integrity and professionalism
- A positive, joyful, upbeat, and energetic attitude
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.