Hojoko, Fenway’s fun, high-energy Japanese izakaya is hiring an experienced sous chef.
Hojoko, founded by James Beard Award-winning Chef Tim Cushman and his wife Nancy Cushman, is looking to add a passionate and motivated sous chef to join their management team. They have a beautiful open kitchen showcasing a charcoal robata grill, sushi, and teppanyaki.
Ideal candidates will have previous managerial experience in medium to high volume restaurants. Extensive Japanese food knowledge is not required.
Salary is based on experience. This is a great position for those looking to take the next step in their career and be a part of a dynamic, growing restaurant group.
- Serve Safe Certified
- Able to manage 20+ employees in a fast paced environment
- Efficiency with following recipes and teaching cooks to follow recipes
- Able to work under pressure and lead with composure
- Patient and Humble, Team Player, Positive Attitude, Passionate about food
- Full availability and flexible schedule (Hojoko is open for dinner & late night 7 days a week)
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dining Discounts at all Cushman Concepts restaurants (www.cushmanconcepts.com)
Pay is competitive based on the level of experience. Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position.
Thank you, and they look forward to hearing from you!