Alden & Harlow, Longfellow Bar, Waypoint, and the upcoming Josephine are part of a group of ever-changing, growing, and evolving restaurants. Chefs are in prestigious positions of leadership and culinary oversight, and are empowered to change, grow, and evolve professionally with the restaurant. Chefs are leaders in the restaurant and are expected to be punctual and professional. Chefs lead by example with acquired kitchen operations experience and willingness to continue to learn and grow to drive a stellar guest experience. Chefs are responsible for daily care and maintenance of the kitchen spaces, including opening and closing the kitchen.
The Sous Chef is responsible for guiding back of house operations, with a focus on the PM line cooks and dish team in partnership with the Chef de Cuisine and Chef/Owner Michael Scelfo. This position touches all aspects of modern kitchen operations, both culturally and technically, making business-oriented decisions in order to generate financial success and profitability for the restaurant. We are looking for individuals that lead by example and manage a kitchen with passion and integrity, while demonstrating proficiency in all areas of the kitchen; prep, ordering, line operations, and dish execution.
We expect all Chefs to embody the culinary direction and passion for food created by Chef / Owner Michael Scelfo. Our perspective on food is adaptable and fluid yet rooted in a desire to create memorable experiences through food, generating repeat business. Through service or individual interactions, it starts with the management and is felt by all. Everything we do should be for that shared end goal.
Education & Experience:
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to guide and direct others
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Must be comfortable standing/walking for 8 hours, and be able to bend, push, pull and/or lift 30 lbs.
- ServSafe Certification is required, with training available
- Crowd Manager Certified preferred
- Minimum 4 years of restaurant experience
- Present in the restaurant kitchen 5 shifts per week, including evenings and / or weekends
- Available for meetings as needed with staff & management team
- $70,000-$80,000 annually based on professional experience
- Health benefits available
- Vacation + Sick Time
To apply, send your resume to the email provided below.