Situated between two Class A office towers, the High Street Place Food Hall is Downtown Boston’s dining destination. This unique amenity was developed and built with placemaking and community at its core, to not only serve those working in its wings but to create engaging experiences for all. With 20 unique culinary and beverage partner outlets, High Street Place boasts concepts from James Beard nominated chefs, Best of Boston winning eateries, brew masters, cocktail kings and coffee roasters. Their team is passionate about food & beverage, innovation, community building and collaboration. This position will report to the Marketplace Manager and will help support the outlets within the food hall.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as manager on duty pertaining to catering and beverage operations.
- Provide leadership and direction in the execution and measurement of guest service standards within beverage and catering operations to ensure growth and profitability.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wine beers and non-alcoholic selections available in outlets.
- Review/analyze beverage costs through beverage ordering system, maintain cost control through efficient management of products, inventory, and warehouse ordering, and identify and implement cost cutting measures and initiatives.
- Take an active role with the beverage program and assist with sourcing vendors for promotions.
- Review and approve all outlet orders through the beverage ordering system to ensure items needed for service are readily available and accounted for.
- Act as one of the property experts for all food hall technologies implemented, and other digital platforms adopted into the Food and Beverage operation.
- Coordinate with Property Management, Marketplace Manager and Vendors around scheduling and operations.
- Work closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining highest standards of health, sanitation and cleanliness within all areas of
- Food and Beverage.
- Evaluate vendor needs to ensure proper training, accountability, follow up and overall support.
- Evaluate and suggest changes to menus based on guest demand and to enhance the Food and Beverage offerings within the property.
- Review, implement and maintain changes needed to elevate items such as special menu items for events and seasonal needs.
- Collaborate on the overall advertising, promotion, marketing, public relations, social media, and special events for the property while providing assistance and guidance to the overall outlets.
- Collaborate in the planning and execution of recurring events & series.
- Collaborate in the creations of reports for ownership of the food hall regarding the sales, marketing, and overall beverage & catering operations.
- Create and maintain meaningful partnerships with groups around the city – such as, non-profits, culinary organizations, arts & music groups, youth groups, etc. – and help integrate them into their programming.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to use discretion and a high level of professionalism
- Service oriented
- Works well independently and effectively within a team
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in restaurant or property management.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, and stand, walk, for up to 8 hours a day.
- Due to the hours of this location, a flexible schedule between working days, nights and weekends is required.
Apply online via the link provided below.