Hi-Rise Bread Co.is hiring a Counter Shift Supervisor. Working under the Counter Manager, the Counter Shift Supervisor ensures the successful day-to-day operation of the front-of-house by leading a small team in the execution of the café’s daily functions. Shift Supervisors are full-time (5 days, 35-40 hours per week), hourly employees, who work at least one weekend day. New Shift Supervisors are expected to commit to a minimum of 6 months of employment. Experience in a customer-facing position at a restaurant or café is required, though they are willing to train the right candidate on certain aspects of the job (barista skills, etc.).
Job responsibilities include:
- Successfully complete opening and/or closing procedures, including but not limited to: display setup/breakdown, outdoor dining setup, cleaning, upstocking, inventory management, intradepartmental communication, cash management
- Exhibit exceptional customer service, including both customer interaction and product knowledge
- Lead daily product intake, processing, and packaging tasks (baked goods, produce, etc.)
- Ensure that all sanitation and cleanliness standards are met
- Successfully perform all tasks associated with being a barista
- Assign side-work to other counter employees as needed
- Effectively communicate (using the logbook and/or in person) with the next supervisor about any pertinent information from that day’s shift
- Participate in the hosting of trial shifts and the training of new employees
- Operate as a keyholder
- Work farmers’ market shifts if interested and as needed
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to the email address provided below.