Join our team! The Charles Hotel, a luxury 4 diamond hotel located near Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA, is seeking a grill master for our outdoor bar at Henrietta’s Table!
As an employee of The Charles Hotel, you will benefit from:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance starting from $1.16* weekly
- Access to 401(k) and company match
- Eight annual paid holidays with an extra personal day
- Travel benefits across multiple brands
- Free fitness center
- Complimentary daily meal
- $5 discounted daily parking
- $1000 referral bonus
*Rate is subject to change.
- 1 year of progressive experience in a related field.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with The Charles Hotel standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with The Charles Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Maintain friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough working knowledge of menus and the preparation required to produce the product according to The Charles Hotel standards.
- Ensure the completion of necessary food and station preparations prior to open of the Restaurant/Dining Outlet Cafe and Room Service in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during operating hours.
- Assist on kitchen line during operating hours to maintain the highest standards of efficiency productivity and quality; be able to support any position in the kitchen that is in need of help.
- Assist in the food preparation for Banquets as required following specifications of Banquet Event Orders; Ensure banquet items are completed on time and check with Banquet Manager or Supervisor for time cover count or any other changes.
- Maintain the ‘Clean as You Go’ policy. Be responsible for maintaining the sanitation and cleaning schedules of the kitchen. Keep all storage areas neat orderly and clean.
- Ensure that all employees practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Be familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
- Aid in the security of food items; ensure the meat locker storeroom and walk-ins are locked when not in use.
- Ensure that the Employee Cafeteria is kept tidy and clean.
- Maintain the high food quality standards in the kitchen and find ways to improve upon them.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Assist in training staff in the operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Apply via the link provided below.