In this role, the Pastry Cook is responsible for the daily production and distribution of all pastries, desserts and baked goods to the Food & Beverage Outlets while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. Ensures the appropriate quantity is prepared and safety standards and regulations are followed in order to provide top quality goods for an enhanced guest experience. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
As an employee of The Charles Hotel, you will benefit from having access to Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance starting from $1.16* weekly, travel benefits across multiple brands, a complimentary daily meal, $5 discounted daily parking, $1000 referral bonus and advancement opportunities. Joining The Charles Hotel surrounds you with like-minded peers an independent hotel has to offer.
*Rate is subject to change.
- A degree or certification in baking/pastry is desirable, not required.
- 1-3 years of baking experience preferred.
- Performs work under direct supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Oral communication skills. Customer/client orientation.
- Detail oriented. Attentiveness. Organizational skills. Design expertise.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Time management skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Develops pastry and dessert menus in keeping with the theme of the restaurant or facility.
- Tests and modifies recipes.
- Trains kitchen staff and oversees preparation of dishes by cooks or bakers.
- Monitors inventory and places orders as needed.
- Ensures all pastry-related activities comply with food safety and handling policies.
- May be responsible for special orders for parties or events.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.