The Pastry Chef creates pastry or dessert menus and oversees preparation of dishes.
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent. May require a degree or certification in Baking/Pastry.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of experience in volume production of baked goods and pastries.
- Performs work under direct supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Oral communication skills. Customer/client orientation.
- Detail oriented. Attentiveness. Organizational skills. Design expertise.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Time management skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Develops pastry and dessert menus in keeping with the theme of the restaurant or facility.
- Tests and modifies recipes.
- Trains kitchen staff and oversees preparation of dishes by cooks or bakers.
- Monitors inventory and places orders as needed.
- Ensures all pastry-related activities comply with food safety and handling policies.
- May be responsible for special orders for parties or events.
The Charles Hotel is an EEO/AA/Disabled/Veterans Employer.
Apply by email or online using the information provided below.