As an employee of The Charles Hotel, you will benefit from having access to Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance starting from $1.16* weekly, travel benefits across multiple brands, a complimentary daily meal, $5 discounted daily parking, $500 referral bonus and advancement opportunities. Joining The Charles Hotel surrounds you with like-minded peers an independent hotel has to offer. Entering the restaurant management business is the perfect way to start your career. As the first point of guest contact in the restaurant, you appreciate that your actions make a difference. From promptly seating that road-weary guest to elevating that special evening at the first welcome, you will love making a difference!
*Rate is subject to change.
- Thrive in a face faced, guest facing environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Clear, effective written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Cash handling experience and the ability to accurately handle cash, credit, or room charges is preferred.
- This role requires continuous motion and the ability to lift up to 30 pounds, clearing tables, buffets, and pulling tables.
- Ideal candidate must be flexible to work mornings, nights and holidays.
- Provide arriving guests with a prompt, gracious greeting and seat them comfortably with menus.
- Assists the servers in providing attentive courteous and efficient service to guests throughout their dining experience.
- Responsible for assisting the cashier in the collection of payment for all guest transactions.
- Take reservations by phone and in person, providing helpful, accurate responses to inquiries.
- Ensure that tables are clean and set before seating guests and seating charts for station rotations are maintained.
- Tidy the service podium, keeping it organized, and maintain a supply inventory.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.