Hawkeye Hospitality, the team behind both Five Horses Taverns, Worden Hall and Elm Street Taproom are gearing up for their spring re-openings. In addition, they have spent the last few months building their new concept, The Garrison House in Brookline Village.
As a growing restaurant group they are looking to expand their team with talented individuals who share their passion for hospitality. They are seeking qualified professionals who have experience with motivating and mentoring staff. As a restaurant group they strive to create a positive atmosphere, provide superior level of service, standards, quality and Covid-19 safety protocols at all times.
In this role, the General Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the entire assigned Restaurant location and its staff, including but not limited to the tasks set forth below and in accordance with the Restaurant’s Employee Handbook and any other policies and procedures of the Restaurant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Adhere to Restaurant standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Ensure compliance with Restaurant operational standards, federal/state/local laws and ordinances, as well as the Restaurant’s Employee Handbook and any other policies and procedures of the Restaurant.
- Ensure that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with the Restaurant’s Employee Handbook and any other policies and procedures of the Restaurant.
- Enforce appropriate sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of the kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure consistent high quality food preparation and service.
- Promote and maintain professional Restaurant image, including Restaurant cleanliness, proper staff dress, hygiene, and appearance standards.
- Effectively estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Readily respond to complaints and concerns, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and Restaurant assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete accident reports promptly and take appropriate action in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Promptly notify Restaurant ownership and operational team of any significant issues that arise and take prompt and corrective action as necessary or make suggestions for resolution.
- Effectively manage shifts, to include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness in accordance with the Restaurant’s Employee Handbook and any other policies and procedures of the Restaurant.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide guidance and direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Promote a positive environment at all times. Maintain good working relationships with managers, colleagues, staff, vendors and guests.
- Interview job candidates for open positions. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conduct new employee onboarding, to include explaining the Hawkeye Hospitality Philosophy, and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of Restaurant staffing needs. Prepare shift schedules in advance and ensure that the Restaurant is adequately staffed for all shifts.
- Accomplish company goals by exploring opportunities to add value to the success of the business.
- 2+ years of restaurant management experience.
- Experience in food planning and preparation, menu design, purchasing, sanitation, security, staff management, scheduling, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Proficient with computers, to include MS Word and Excel and Open table.™
- Self-directed and disciplined with strong leadership, multi-tasking, communication, interpersonal, customer service and staff management skills.
Ability to motivate employees to work as a team and to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Ability to work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment and operate phones, computers, copiers, and other office equipment
- Must be ServSafe certified and Allergen certified
For consideration, send your resume and cover letter to the email address below.