POSITION: SERVER / TOUR GUIDE
PAY: $8/hr + Pooled Tips
Overview of Beer Hall Positions:
Beer Hall Employees are an essential component of the visitor’s experience at Harpoon Brewery. Each must be able to provide excellent customer service, an enthusiastic narrative of the Harpoon Brewery history, have a passion for beer, and a genuine interest in learning about the brewery and brewing process.
The candidate must be a mature, team player who has a genuine enthusiasm for people, the Harpoon Brewery, and craft beer. Personal integrity, people skills, and professionalism are a prerequisite.
The Beer Hall Employees’ people skills, inherent enthusiasm, and the ability to make each visitor feel special is an essential factor in day to day operation. They are their front line of representing a leading craft beer brand, and standards of job performance and professionalism are set accordingly. These positions report to the Beer Hall General Manager and department managers.
Requirements for all Beer Hall positions:
Each employee who works in the Beer Hall must have the ability to master all of the positions below. No employee is expected to only work one of the multiple positions. Harpoon takes pride in cross-training and providing the tools to grow and support the very best Harpoon employee.
Dependability, enthusiasm, cheerful and professional demeanor, a willingness to learn, a demonstrated interest in Harpoon beer. A background in the retail or bar/restaurant industry is preferred. Must be 21 plus.
Server/Tour Guide Position Requirements:
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, provide great customer service, work as part of a team, and be able to speak about Harpoon beers in a relatable way.
- Physical demands require being able to lift 25 pounds occasionally at shoulder height and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to move quickly, bend, stoop, reach and balance.
- Tours: Lead tours of the brewery by providing an interactive tour – discussing the history of Harpoon Brewery and the brewing process, as well as lead a 15-20 minute Harpoon beer tasting
- Bar: Provide an excellent guest experience by performing all aspects of bar service in a fast and efficient manner, including but not limited to- explanation of beers, beer flights, pretzels and sauces.
- Floor: Provide an excellent guest experience by performing all aspects of floor service in a fast and efficient manner, including but not limited to- explanation of beers, beer flights, pretzels and sauces, running and bussing glassware, and pretzels.
- Retail: Providing an excellent guest experience through answering any retail related questions, processing sales efficiently through their POS, stocking/re-stocking shelves,, processing online orders, and operating their growler filler.
- Host: Providing an excellent guest experience by welcoming each guest who come into the Beer Hall, selling brewery tour tickets, and providing accurate information to each guest’s questions (including phone inquiries).
- Provide great guest experience by greeting guests, checking ID’s, ensuring safety of guests and facility, and answering any questions guests may have.”
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH THEIR CAREERS PAGE USING THE LINK PROVIDED BELOW!