Mass. Bay Brewing Company (MBBC), parent company to Harpoon, UFO, Clown Shoes, Arctic Summer and City Roots, is seeking a Prep/Line Cook who will report directly to the Kitchen Manager and perform a range of duties related to daily food production. This includes working the production line, following recipes, baking, cleaning, stocking, and other tasks. The Prep/Line Cook must be able to conduct routine and repetitive tasks effectively and maintain a high standard of quality, productivity, and speed. The production line is located in an open kitchen and is a highly visible and important part of the guest experience. The Prep/Line Cook’s ability to work as a member of a team and conduct themselves professionally and in keeping with Harpoon’s standards of hospitality is critical to the position.
- Prepping plates
- Baking and/or cooking hot food
- Filling and reheating sauces
- Completing orders in a timely manner
Service and Communication:
- Communicating clearly and effectively with Managers on Duty (MODs), Beer Captains, Beer Mates, and fellow kitchen staff on wait times, ticket clarification, ingredients, allergies, etc. at all times
- Communicating clearly to guests on common Beer Hall questions, recipe ingredients, allergens, etc. at all times
- Following and executing recipes
- Rolling and shaping dough
- Portioning prepped sauces in appropriate containers/bottles
- Restocking front fridges (FIFO)
Cleaning and Back of House Tasks:
- Routinely sanitizing and sweeping work area
- Closing down back kitchen after production is finished
- Completing daily cleaning tasks in compliance with Harpoon Brewery SOPs
- Must be 21 years or older
- Ability to work variable hours including night and weekend work
- Highly organized and able to keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic and positive
- Passion for baking and cooking
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting of products and supplies weighing 65 lbs.
- Repetitive hand and wrist motion
- Working with hot, cold and hazardous equipment
MBBC offers some great perks including potential for growth, great co-workers, a friendly environment (pet-friendly as well!), participation in their Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), participation in their unique Wellness Program and, of course, amazing beer benefits!
TO APPLY: Please apply directly through their Careers page using the link provided below.