Harbor View Hotel, Martha’s Vineyard’s iconic historic hotel is preparing to open a whole new dining experience. Currently under a complete renovation, the 128 year old hotel will reopen May 1st with 2 newly branded dining venues, Bettini Restaurant and Roxana Bar.
They are currently hiring a Restaurant Manager/Assistant F&B Director.
Summary: Restaurant Manager/ Assistant F&B Director, promotes vision to develop a department that provides top-notch guest experiences, optimized profitability and cultivating a knowledgeable and efficient wait staff. The Assistant F&B Manager has strong communication, training skills and is accustomed to problem-solving in a fast-paced high-volume setting. Presence is required on the dining room floor throughout service to assist employees and enhance the guest experience. Assistance planning and executing banquet and catering operations in conjunction with the banquet service team. Responsibility for ensuring that company assets are stored securely and inventoried frequently. Assistant F&B will be involved in scheduling, hiring, training, coaching, counseling and terminating. Analyzing and practicing financial functions of the department, such as reaching budget goals, monitoring labor expenses, nightly financial reporting and assisting with the payroll.
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
- To assist managers with work schedules, payroll, checkbooks, billing, ordering, inventory, and staff training
- Manage restaurant dining rooms, banquet events, and employee personnel
- Plan sequence of service for large banquet events; following through on their execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that promote a positive and insightful work environment
- Provide proactive delegation to the team, in order to achieve an organized and efficient workplace
- Display strong leadership skills, enjoy mentoring staff, develop associates within the department to reach their full potential
- Skilled at problem-solving in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a calm and courteous attitude
- Use inventory management systems, follow food and beverage trends and forecast purchase needs
- Responsible for preparing daily financial shift reports and distributing to the management team
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager with financial obligations such as banquet billing and payroll data entry
- Assist with management logistics, menu planning, labor forecasting, budgeting
- Train staff on procedure and ensure execution of food and beverage knowledge/salesmanship and safe practices in the workplace
- Identify and execute an opportunity for guest recovery, to build meaningful guest experience
- Require knowledge of all functions performed by the subordinate reporting directly or indirectly to Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
- 3-4 years of previous Restaurant Management Experience in a fast-paced and large volume atmosphere
- 5-8 years of Restaurant Experience with a range of positions
- Able to monitor multiple dining areas at a time
- Excellent people skills, possess a positive, outgoing, and naturally curious personality
- Demonstrate a high level of computer skills
- Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions
- Serv-Safe Certified, Allergen Awareness Certification, First Aid and CPR certification
- Ability to make decisions guided by established policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate to provide information and services, supervisory skills
- Legal ability to work in the U.S.
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English Language.
- Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Prior experience bartending and serving
- Prior experience with Delphi, Agilisys Visual One, InfoGenesis, Netchex and Accubar
- Previous guest relations training
- Four-year degree from an accredited university or college with a major in business, culinary or hospitality studies
- Previous Banquet and Catering Supervisor experience
To apply, visit the link below!