Bettini Restaurant at the Harbor View Hotel is hiring an experienced Sous Chef.
The iconic Harbor View Hotel is located in Edgartown on Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts. For generations the hotel has represented a vacation oasis and a beacon of luxury. It sits in the best locale on the island, surrounded by miles of oceanfront overlooking Edgartown lighthouse and harbor. This year is a milestone, as the hotel is celebrating its 130th anniversary.
Bettini is a modern, coastal American restaurant. The menus are seasonal, inspired by the ingredients sourced from local farms and fisherman. The restaurant is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with brunch on the weekends. In addition, guests can enjoy all-day menus by the hotel pool, sitting on the veranda overlooking the ocean, or for room service.
They are looking to add a passionate, motivated and experienced sous chef to join the management team. Ideal candidates will have previous managerial experience in high volume restaurants.
Salary is based on experience. This is a great position for those looking to take the next step in their career, and join a talented team and dynamic kitchen culture in one of New England’s top hotels.
- ServSafe Manager Certificate
- Conforms to all DOH guidelines and standards
- Able to manage 20+ employees in a fast-paced environment
- Efficiency with following recipes and ensuring adherence to all recipes
- Familiarity with ordering, scheduling, managing prep lists, inventory
- Experience with banquets & catered events
- Ability to work under pressure and lead with composure at all times
- Patient and humble leadership style, team player, positive attitude, passionate about food
- Self-motivated, organized, reliable and hard working
- Ability to lead a team successfully in a culture-driven environment
- 3+ years of experience in a restaurant or hotel culinary management position
- Full availability and flexible schedule
Learn more by visiting the Harbor View Hotel website. They look forward to hearing from you.