Haley House is hiring a Catering Sales Manager!
About Haley House: Haley House uses food and the power of community to break down barriers, open opportunities, and strengthen the neighborhoods they serve. Their Bakery Cafe is a cultural hub of Nubian Square offering cafe and catering services and regular community events. They use open book management to include their team in making decisions that allow them to grow a successful social enterprise that values their community and focuses on staff growth. They place a priority on mutual respect and trust, teamwork, collective responsibility and creating a work environment where all staff feel safe and valued.
Founded in 1966, Haley House has grown to include four interconnected branches: direct services (soup kitchen, food pantry, meal for elders), permanent affordable housing, urban agriculture, and social enterprise (Haley House Bakery Cafe). Their direct services and housing are located in the South End, and their social enterprise is located in Roxbury; their urban agriculture is in both neighborhoods.
This is a salaried position (30 hours a week expected) working at the Bakery Cafe that includes excellent healthcare and dental and life benefits as well as PTO.
Role: Lead sales, marketing and administrative aspects of the Bakery Cafe’s Catering business. Maintain and grow the Catering customer base and revenues. Ensure responsive, consistent and reliable customer service. Implement business protocols for order intake, communication to production staff and quality control. Be dedicated to their partnerships with the community and to their organizational mission to serve the community by breaking down barriers and opening opportunities
- Supervise driver through training, leadership and example
- Increase the Catering customer base and overall business volume and profitability through marketing, networking and ensuring consistent and reliable customer service
- Establish and oversee the implementation of sustainable business protocols
- Provide excellent customer service from initial client contact to follow up call including resolving or troubleshooting any issues
- Coordinate with accounting staff regarding invoicing and collections, when appropriate
- Coordinate with Managers and Supervisors regarding all aspects of production
- Oversee maintenance and inspections of delivery van
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Driver’s license and ability to drive delivery van when needed
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Food service experience a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; flexibility a must
- Commitment to helping the most vulnerable in society and track record of challenging existing systems of privilege and injustice.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to the email address provided below.